The Second Circle
The second circle of hell in Dante's "Inferno" signifies adultery.
A 'sin' that I have never committed nor intend to commit in my life.
Notice the miss I gave to the word 'ever' in the sentence above. Completing more than three and a half decades on God's(?) earth has made me understand that 'ever' and 'never' should rarely be used in conjunction. Because when one does use one with the other, the Devil smiles to himself and cooks up circumstances which would make one repent the use of those words together.
So, why the second circle if I do not have adultery on my mind?
I do not remember the name of the adulteress whom Dante meets in the second circle but the words she uttered have been imprinted in my mind forever. And are the inspiration behind my new blog.
"There is no greater misery than to remember in times of sorrow, the times when we were happy".
These words were quoted by the character Dr. Spencer Reid in one of the episodes of the sitcom "Criminal Minds". So, why did I not name my blog "Criminal Minds"?
That, my readers will be topic for another blog.
Herein, I want to declare that I cannot be an adulteress since I am not married presently.
Not disclosing my marital status right at the outset. But it will become amply clear as my blog progresses.
This blog will be a no-holds-barred dip in darkness. I will be revisiting bad, scary, putrid memories. I will be delving into the abyss that lies ahead and around me. And I will try my best to do all of these with my shoulders squared, held held high and bear it like a man.
A 'sin' that I have never committed nor intend to commit in my life.
Notice the miss I gave to the word 'ever' in the sentence above. Completing more than three and a half decades on God's(?) earth has made me understand that 'ever' and 'never' should rarely be used in conjunction. Because when one does use one with the other, the Devil smiles to himself and cooks up circumstances which would make one repent the use of those words together.
So, why the second circle if I do not have adultery on my mind?
I do not remember the name of the adulteress whom Dante meets in the second circle but the words she uttered have been imprinted in my mind forever. And are the inspiration behind my new blog.
"There is no greater misery than to remember in times of sorrow, the times when we were happy".
These words were quoted by the character Dr. Spencer Reid in one of the episodes of the sitcom "Criminal Minds". So, why did I not name my blog "Criminal Minds"?
That, my readers will be topic for another blog.
Herein, I want to declare that I cannot be an adulteress since I am not married presently.
Not disclosing my marital status right at the outset. But it will become amply clear as my blog progresses.
This blog will be a no-holds-barred dip in darkness. I will be revisiting bad, scary, putrid memories. I will be delving into the abyss that lies ahead and around me. And I will try my best to do all of these with my shoulders squared, held held high and bear it like a man.
Comments
Post a Comment