Post Mortem
She said she didn't like me.
I keep going back to the day again and again trying to look for any clues why or how I rubbed her the wrong way.
I went to their family house party on occasion of Diwali. I wore a red saree with a blue ajrakh blouse. The blouse in question had a wide opening at the centre of the back portion with one button at the nape of my neck and the other one at the lower end of the blouse. I had accessorized this outfit with my stone studded gypsy headband worn as a choker necklace. The look was meant to be subtly seductive and not provocative. I had carried a 12 year aged single malt for his father(which had been consumed by him and his friends eventually).
On the terrace, where the fireworks were being set off, I had briefly held her son. I remember she came and took him away abruptly stating he was hungry. Don't know if she knew then.
Her husband and his friends were congenial during the dinner.
My car was dented by one of the immersion parties but since I was at his place, I kept my cool and did not go after the damaging vehicle.
I know I conducted myself appropriately and I should just forget about overanalyzing why she(they?) dissapproved of me. Still the mind keeps going back.
Did she dissaprove of me then? Or only when she got to know my station in life?
I keep going back to the day again and again trying to look for any clues why or how I rubbed her the wrong way.
I went to their family house party on occasion of Diwali. I wore a red saree with a blue ajrakh blouse. The blouse in question had a wide opening at the centre of the back portion with one button at the nape of my neck and the other one at the lower end of the blouse. I had accessorized this outfit with my stone studded gypsy headband worn as a choker necklace. The look was meant to be subtly seductive and not provocative. I had carried a 12 year aged single malt for his father(which had been consumed by him and his friends eventually).
On the terrace, where the fireworks were being set off, I had briefly held her son. I remember she came and took him away abruptly stating he was hungry. Don't know if she knew then.
Her husband and his friends were congenial during the dinner.
My car was dented by one of the immersion parties but since I was at his place, I kept my cool and did not go after the damaging vehicle.
I know I conducted myself appropriately and I should just forget about overanalyzing why she(they?) dissapproved of me. Still the mind keeps going back.
Did she dissaprove of me then? Or only when she got to know my station in life?
Comments
Post a Comment