My talk with the Devil
On one rainy, depressed night, I pledged my soul to the Devil.
I told him he could take me as long as my child's health, safety and longevity were taken care of.
That night, I went to sleep thinking how would the Devil come to me? Having seen "Rosemary's Baby" and related horror movies, I knew he might want to sleep with me.
What else would he do? What are the ways in which he would be manifesting himself?
About three days later, while taking off my new pink dress, I noticed weird red rashes on the side and under my left boob. I applied some Boroline and went to sleep.
The next day, a Monday, white gooey gunk (which felt like it contained pieces of shredded tissue paper) started coming out of my left eye. The eye in question shrunk to half it's normal size and turned red. That day, while taking bath in the evening, I realized that there were wounds on my back - looking into the bathroom mirror, I could see red, elevated bumps starting from the side of the left boob all the way to the center of my back. I applied some Boroline, went to sleep.
Next day, my right eye started discharging the white shit and I thought to myself that I got myself conjunctivitis. Started putting warm saline compress on both my eyes from that evening and instead of Boroline, applied an ointment called Fusibet which my mother gave me from her bundle of medicines.
Next day, the blisters on my boobs and back have started hurting like hell and the white gunk comes out of left eye and methinks the Devil is one sick son-of-a-bitch.
So, I visit the doctor on Thursday and get diagnosed with Herpes Zoster.
I am mortified and start analyzing which of my motherfucking exes gave me this disease. Or, is it the current one who gave this shit to me?
Fortunately, in a while, Google comes to the rescue and I realize that this Herpes is not that Herpes.
This one is my immune system gone bat-shit crazy on me - so much so that the chicken pox virus(that motherfucking shit which has been lying dormant in my system since I was like what, 3 years old?) had resurfaced.
The Devil sure works in strange ways. Even then, every night, I get scared as shit in the dark, before sleep overtakes my super-charged brain and try to see if he is coming after me.
I told him he could take me as long as my child's health, safety and longevity were taken care of.
That night, I went to sleep thinking how would the Devil come to me? Having seen "Rosemary's Baby" and related horror movies, I knew he might want to sleep with me.
What else would he do? What are the ways in which he would be manifesting himself?
About three days later, while taking off my new pink dress, I noticed weird red rashes on the side and under my left boob. I applied some Boroline and went to sleep.
The next day, a Monday, white gooey gunk (which felt like it contained pieces of shredded tissue paper) started coming out of my left eye. The eye in question shrunk to half it's normal size and turned red. That day, while taking bath in the evening, I realized that there were wounds on my back - looking into the bathroom mirror, I could see red, elevated bumps starting from the side of the left boob all the way to the center of my back. I applied some Boroline, went to sleep.
Next day, my right eye started discharging the white shit and I thought to myself that I got myself conjunctivitis. Started putting warm saline compress on both my eyes from that evening and instead of Boroline, applied an ointment called Fusibet which my mother gave me from her bundle of medicines.
Next day, the blisters on my boobs and back have started hurting like hell and the white gunk comes out of left eye and methinks the Devil is one sick son-of-a-bitch.
So, I visit the doctor on Thursday and get diagnosed with Herpes Zoster.
I am mortified and start analyzing which of my motherfucking exes gave me this disease. Or, is it the current one who gave this shit to me?
Fortunately, in a while, Google comes to the rescue and I realize that this Herpes is not that Herpes.
This one is my immune system gone bat-shit crazy on me - so much so that the chicken pox virus(that motherfucking shit which has been lying dormant in my system since I was like what, 3 years old?) had resurfaced.
The Devil sure works in strange ways. Even then, every night, I get scared as shit in the dark, before sleep overtakes my super-charged brain and try to see if he is coming after me.
Comments
Post a Comment